Re: Install on Orange Pi Plus eMMC work but no reboot

On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 08:13:45PM +0200, Jean-Christian de Rivaz wrote:

> Right. For my curiosity I tested the netboot SD card image of
> the Debian installer and tried to tell it to partition, format
> and install Debian into the very same SD card the installer
> booted from.  To my great surprise this worked flawlessly (just
> need a power cycle as the reboot simply hang).  This work only
> with the netboot image.  The hd-media require an other
> partition with the ISO file making the partition/format fail
> because the SD card device is busy.  I don't know at this stage
> if the boot stage is a residual of the image creation on the SD
> card or if it was wrote by the installer.

The debian-installer doesn't install u-boot, but it takes
explicit care not to destroy an existing u-boot installation
during the partitioning step.

Regarding the hd-media image: installing to the SD card from
which the installer is started works if the CD/DVD iso is
provided on another storage device such as on a USB stick.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der