targets used to build the debian-installer for use with the network installation iso images

Hi, I was wanting to do some testing on the debian-installer and was wondering what build target is used for the official network installations and if I wanted to change the default target from the default installation method to the software speech what file should I edit as I have both an i386 and an amd64 based system? I have installed the build dependencies using apt-get build-dep debian-installer and also have checked out the debian-installer using the svn and mr method talked about on the checking out the debian-installer page is this the proper method? Nick Gawronski