[Thinkpad X1 Carbon (4th Gen) (Type 20FB, 20FC)] Debian-Installer Errata for Stretch Alpha 5 Addendum

[ please CC me, I am not subscribed to debian-boot@ ]

Dear team,

This problem should be added to the list of known problems in the Stretch Alpha 5 release of the Debian Installer [https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata.en.html]

Debian-Installer Stretch Alpha 5 http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/stretch_di_alpha5/amd64/iso-cd/debian-stretch-DI-alpha5-amd64-netinst.iso won't install on Thinkpad X1 Carbon (4th Gen) (Type 20FB, 20FC). The console won't show anything after the initial welcome screen when the install actually start.

The solution is to start the installer with the following option:
boot: install intel_pstate=no_hwp

cf.
https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/410haw/yoga_260_wont_boot_ubuntu_with_kernel_4244_but
https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/4c6q6w/fixing_intel_pstateno_hwp_issue_on_fedora_23_guide
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lenovo_ThinkPad_X1_Carbon

This happens with Debian-Installer Stretch Alpha 5, but not with the actual weekly and daily installer images.

I'll give full installation reports when I managed to finalize a Debian installation on this

Greets

--
Goz