Bug#794410: debian-installer: Installer hangs during 'select and install software'
On Mon, 05 Dec 2016 20:38:46 +0100
Tuxicoman <email@example.com> wrote:
> I got the same issue with an Intel NUC 2820
> dpkg was stuck at 12% during installation.
> I updated the bios (v52 to v56) and this seemed to solve the issue.
Release notes for Intel NUC 2820 BIOS:
Changes in version 55:
- Security Enhancements
- Changed the time it takes to enter the power button recovery menu to
- Improved the BIOS update function by disabling the keyboard and
power button during the flash/recovery process
- Added Windows firmware update function
- Added NVRAM preserved variables: DmiData, UUID, OA3Data
- Fixed an issue that when the User Access Level= limited, the User
could still access the following restricted Setup options:
Minimum/Maximum Duty Cycle (%); Primary/secondary Temperature Sensor
- Updated Visual BIOS to 2.2.20 from 2.2.19
- Hotfix to remove download driver and automatic BIOS update feature
Changes in version 53:
- Changed the time it takes to enter the power button menu to 3 seconds
after G3 sleep state
- Changed the time it takes to enter the power button menu to 4 seconds
after S4/S5 sleep state
I fail to see anything that might be related to our issue... But then I
don't understand the issue either.