Possible bug in d-i handling of swap partition

I have two use cases which demonstrate the problem.

First Environment:
I have a laptop exclusively dedicated to being a test platform of various Debian configurations [Jessie 8.6.0 currently]. I have limited connectivity, therefore all installs are done from a purchased set of DVDs. At any time there may exist up to 4 installs available, each in its own partition. As only one install is active at any time, a single swap partition should be adequate.

*HOWEVER* each install "touches" the swap partition changing its UUID. This causes a problem with using the chronologically earlier in stall. Systemd looks for a swap partition with a specific UUID. The triggered diagnostic takes ~2 minutes while I'm w-a-i-t--n---g for the system to boot. I've NOT investigated whether or not the system actually finds and uses the intended swap partition or not. For THAT PARTICULAR LAPTOP I doubt there are any consequences as for my particular use I doubt any use of swap occurs. I suspect a workaround might be editing /etc/fstab all previous installs when a new install is done.

Second Environment:
On a second machine [the laptop being out of service due to hardware problems] I attempted to install Debian to a USB flash drive for demonstrating Debian to friends on their machines and testing used machines before purchasing.

The was no problem until the partitioning phase. It allowed me to create a ext2 partition on the flash drive for use a / . It allowed me to create a second partition and to designate it as a swap partition.

*HOWEVER* the confirmation screen about writing changes to disk essentially said it was going to *TRASH* the existing install of Debian on the machines hard-drive by formatting the hard disk's swap partition [i.e. changing its UUID].

I see no conceivable reason to mess with a perfectly fine install when installing to an unrelated device.

Thank you