Re: schroot: no access to pseudo-terminals in new chroots

On Nov 20, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> > This is not needed at all from Linux 4.7.  The open operation on
> > /dev/ptmx automatically looks up the sibling pts/ directory.  (Also,
> > every mount of devpts is a 'new instance'.)
> >
> > It seems to me that the change in debootstrap ought to be reverted, as
> > it will not be needed in future and it is causing problems for existing
> > configurations.
> Adding Marco to the loop.
setup_devices_simple() could be easily modified to create /dev/ptmx with
mknod instead of the current symlink.
While this would solve this problem, it would also break again
debootstrap in containers (which was discussed in different bugs), so
I am not sure if it is a good idea.

--
ciao,
Marco