Re: kernel modules missing Stretch net installation

Hi,

Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net> (2016-10-11):
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=737750 seems to be the
> only installer bug about missing kernel modules. Has something changed about
> the way HTTP installation started from Grub works since Jessie? I tried on
> two different machines yesterday and today with same result (installer can't
> find any hard disks), using the only (and >3 months old) installation kernel
> and initrd I could find for Stretch on the mirrors. I have a minimal/base
> Jessie installation running now from which I'll dist-upgrade when it
> finishes, but this sure is a time wasting hard way to get Stretch onto a
> machine that doesn't already have Debian on it and can't boot from OM or USB
> but has no such problem from HD.

yes, netboot images are broken everytime the linux ABI is bumped in
testing. And yes, there were no release for a while, you may want to
try again in a few weeks when Stretch Alpha 9 gets released. Otherwise,
you could just use snapshot.debian.org to get a copy of what was
available at the time the image you're trying to use was published.

KiBi.