Re: Debian Installer Stretch Alpha 8 release

Hi,

On Sat, 2016-11-12 at 16:24:32 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Important change in this release of the installer
>
>  * debootstrap now defaults to merged-/usr, that is with /bin, /sbin,
>    /lib* being symlinks to their counterpart in /usr (more details on:
>    https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/09/msg00269.html).

This has caused build issues with dpkg-shlibdeps (#843073) on some
architectures, which was a known problem (#810499) at the time of
the default switch. :(

As I'm told the buildds regenerate the chroots every couple of weeks (?),
which means several of those buildds will most probably start failing,
I'd appreciate if the proponents of this change could either help
Felipe Sateler (many thanks to him for working on this!) to track down
and find an acceptable solution for dpkg-shlibdeps, or revert the change
in debootstrap.

Otherwise I guess I might just reassign the dpkg-shlibdeps bug to both
usrmerge and debootstrap.

Thanks,
Guillem