I just spent several hours trying to install 8.6.0 (released only a week ago) and this bug bit me in the butt.
I can also confirm that the standalone installer (not the live disk version) suffers from the same issue.
It caused me to waste several hours of time, and I only fixed the problem after those hours searching and stumbling and bumbling until I came across this (went through several other LVM bug reports and was about to file a new one).
I had only tried graphical installer (both live disk version and standalone, I had downloaded the latter at first but then got the live disk version in an attempt to troubleshoot), at no point in time did it work. I always was dropped to initramfs/busybox ash shell, which to my frustration didn't have the lvm, lvchange or vgchange commands that my googling indicated would be relevant to the problem at hand.
Only after trying a text install (identical everything, only difference was graphical vs text) everything works fine now and I am sending this from the new installation.