Re: 8.5 installer DHCP problem

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 08:31:39AM -0400, Kaarnijoki wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I hope i am writing to the right people.

> I have had a problem with debian 8.5 installer. The network is not
> being configured. Automatic DHCP configuration is failing and I cannot
> get network mirrors working with manual configuration. Googling the
> problem, it seems that the installer is not recognising the network
> card that i have, or has no drivers for it.
> The installed system does, however configures the network no problem.

Good research. From the provided information I think the problem
is debian-installer using a different kernel as it installs.

> I have been running Debian 8.1 and the installer for that was able
> to get network working automatically.

On the same hardware?

> Thing is, I would like to have a live installer on a USB stick as a
> backup-plan. Is there any way around this, please?

We will find out.
Stay calm and give me some time to come back to you.

> Below: output for  lspci -v

Truncate into "lspci -v --slot Network_Interface_Card" by me

} pasi@debian:~$ lspci -v -s 00:19.0
> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 02)
> Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 3036
> Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 46
> Memory at f0500000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
> Memory at f0525000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> I/O ports at 1100 [size=32]
> Capabilities: <access denied>
> Kernel driver in use: e1000e

Groeten