[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#830308: d-i.debian.org: l10n-sync script breaks headers in individual package files in some situations

Quoting Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org):
> Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> (2016-07-11):
> > […]
> > (notice the line after "../rescue-mode.templates:21001")
> > 
> > In short, Steve's attempt to fix the translation broke the PO file.
> > 
> > And, later on, l10n-sync choke on this.
> > 
> > And thus, the fix is to make l10n-sync more resilient to this and for
> > instance have it to test the validity of "master" PO files before
> > working with them.
> Many thanks for this. I'll try and join the fun later on today, once I'm
> done with other urgent matters. As I mentioned, l10n-sync needs some
> patching, and I'll be happy to deal with it once time allows.

I started working on a patch that will at least run "msgcat -c" on PO
files at some critical steps.

The first place where this is needed is the place in l10n-sync where
we merge all sublevel PO files for a given language into one big
"master" file, that is, later on, used to update individual packages'

I found at least one place where a broken PO file is happily merged
with other file without error being thrown out. This is what explains
the current breakage on da.po and be.po

I'm currently testing a patch to fix this and have l10n-sync abort its
operations when this happens.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply to: