Re: Thinking about a "jessie and a half" release

On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 09:18:24PM +0300, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> Problem 2: CPU's built-in graphics work badly.
> [...] Skylake
> graphics probably need some yet unreleased kernel version.

Skylake != Skylake

I have another Skylake system which works ok with 4.6 kernel and
xorg-server-video-intel from jessie-backports. (Fullscreen video
on 4k displays is still unusable, but normal 4k operation or fullscreen
in other resolutions work fine.)

(Installation was done with the jessie installer too.)

> I wish it were a standard practice to create new netinst images with
> backported kernels.

Same here.

--
cheers,