Re: Next d-i alpha release: late June

Dear KiBi,

Thanks for your reply!

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 12:05 AM, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> (2016-07-03):
>> On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 12:44 AM, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
>> > Please don't. We want to avoid pushing changes which aren't relevant to
>> > the release being prepared, in case we need to do some fixup before
>> > uploading and building again.
>>
>> It's lucky that I didn't push. (I was just about to do so, but
>> considering the last commit is releasing, so I think it's better to
>> ask)
>
> Sure, asking when unsure is something that makes sense, and that is
> appreciated. For next time: whenever the release announce reaches
> debian-devel-announce@, it's OK to push anything anywhere (to git
> repositories, to the archive, etc.).
>
> In this particular case, if you would have pushed, and if I needed to
> re-upload debian-installer without your changes, I could have just
> created a temporary stretch branch without it, so it wouldn't have been
> the end of the world anyway. It's best to avoid running into this kind
> of situations though. ;)

Thanks for the explanation!
Understand the process clearer.

>> Please let me know when it's ready to accept changes. Thank you!
>
> Even if the release announce is not ready yet, the image build has
> finished and testing shows no major regressions, so we're going to
> publish this set of images as Stretch Alpha 7. I've lifted the udeb
> freeze some time ago; and you can feel free to push changes to git
> repositories, even if the announce has not been published yet.

For the change I mentioned yesterday, I already tested on:
 - armel/kirkwood
 - amd64
and they're working as expected.

So I just pushed the commit to add screen support.

I hope all ARCHs still (daily) build fine when I get up tomorrow morning.
If not I'll try to fix or simply remove the screen support for that
specific ARCH.

This has big impact to UI (added a top bar) and operation (Ctrl-A
[1-4], previous Alt-F[1-4] is still working though).
I hope it won't panic anyone.

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +2 Cape Town (in DebConf16)
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1