Re: jessie won't install/boot on a Dell Poweredge R815

On Mon, 2016-06-27 at 11:58 -0400, Jeffrey Mark Siskind wrote:
>    The non-determinism in which identifiers are shown might be a bug in the
>    installer, or it might be caused by failure of ID commands to the
>    drives.
>
>    I think most of the problems you're still having must be caused by a
>    bug in the RAID driver, mpt2sas (or its firmware, if that's not
>    embedded in the BIOS).
>
> Thanks. Please let me know how I can report the potential bug(s) and what I
> can do to help track them down.

Please test a more recent kernel version, like Linux 4.6
(available as linux-image-4.6.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 in jessie-backports).

Then use 'reportbug' to submit a bug report against that package if the
bug is still present, or the jessie package if it's fixed there, giving
a summary of the problems you've described.

Ben.

--

Ben Hutchings
If at first you don't succeed, you're doing about average.