stretch installer question

Is the package selection section of the stretch installer as broken in all versions as it is in the x86_64 version of firmware testing iso? I preserved logs but once installation was finished and system rebooted, ssh was nowhere to be found on the new system. I may be able to copy the installation log or logs off of the new system onto a flash drive then copy those logs back onto another hard drive to send them along but can't do it directly from the newly installed system since neither telnet rlogin or ssh got onto it. Thanks much for adding the firmware-ralink package so I could at least get out on the internet while doing an install.