Re: [RFC] Call for review of GNU/screen support for D-I (was Re: Merge orion5x/kirkwood to flavour marvell and marvell-qnap)

On Apr 24, 2016, at 9:00 AM, Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> wrote:

> - ask users of all ARCHs related to check whether the GNU/screen is
> working well under d-i environment. Maybe need to add a wiki to track
> things efficiently.
>
> What do you think of my plan?
> Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you!

I’m willing to test on a few architectures: Macintosh powerpc-32bit and powerpc-64bit, Cubox-i (armhf), Sheevaplug (armel), OpenRC (armel).

If you want me to test any of those, I’ll need some info:

1) What is this change supposed to accomplish?  Do you have a canonical use-case I can attempt to model?
2) What kinds of test do you want me to perform?  And what results are you expecting?

Thanks for you efforts!
Rick