Re: Debian with Reiser4-patched Linux kernel on IBM Power8

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 12:53:48 +0200 Jose R R <Jose.r.r@metztli-it.com> wrote:

is there any reason why Reiser4 SFRN 4.0.1-enabled Debian should not
run on Power8? I assume GPT should be selected whereas previously I
have tested -- on AMD64 baremetal and cloud -- only MSDOS disk
partitioning.

There might be some problems with the endianness of the system.

I have tested Reiser4 on 32bit PowerPC several years ago and as far as I
remember, mounting and using a preformatted partition (mkfs done on an x86
machine) was possible, but a partition formatted on PowerPC was unusable.
I can repeat the tests, if you are interested.

--
Jonáš Vidra, vidra.jonas@seznam.cz