Re: Fw: Stretch/testing instllable, but not bootable upon installation

On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 04:20:27PM +0200, Andreas Glaeser wrote:

>now I dd'ed the raw-image, made in vm-manager, onto my USB-stick and tried to boot my
>thin-client from it, here is what I saw.
>
>The yellow colour is real, I am not faking this, it's a defective monitor cable.
>It does not matter much, my experience so far tells me that because of too tight
>
>security-restrictions on Debian-Testing, the image would probably not
>be usable anyway, i.e. no packages or software-updates would be installable, but
>it normaly should boot up at least.

OK, that suggests a missing/not loaded driver for /dev/vda1 - either
missing in the kernel image package (unlikely) or a buggy initramfs
which is missing the driver or hasn't yet loaded it.

>From the initramfs prompt, you might be able to debug this. What does
lsmod say about loaded modules? Can you load the right module? etc...

"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis