Re: request

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 02:54:29PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 03:06:14PM +0200, Moreanu Robert - Nicolae wrote:
> > i looking to resolve this problem when I want to install debian 8.2 or 8.1.
> > I receive this message after it's take to Grub install
> >
> > " the 'grub-pc' package failed to install into /target/ "
> > after the operation of clean up on installing, i have a failed operations.
> >
> > I don't have such expertise, please make the debian on install with more
> > information and what procedure to do that for the people don't have the
> > time to study the debian.
> >
> > so.. how i could resolve this problem , any help from you, please
> >
> > robert, waiting for your response
>
> The mailinglist you are addressing is about development of debian-installer,
> not for user requests.

But this is clearly a request for a change in the debian installer --
that it provide more information on one kind of failure.  Now it may be
legitimate to say it's infeasible, and it may well be infeasible, but
shuttong the user up without at least suggesting where he should go is,
well, at least impolite.

Suggesting that he submit an installation-report and that he post his
question on debian-user would be appropriate.

-- hendrik