Re: purging packages

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 09:24:41AM +0100, Alfred Hanny wrote:
> Hi.

Hello Alfred,
Hello subscribers to mailinglist about Debian-Installer

> Why is it, that if i purge unwanted packages (like zeitgeist), apt
> starts removing my whole gnome desktop?

Good question.
Provide more information about what happend, info how to "reproduce", such as
* Tool/programm that was used? (e.g. aptitude, synaptic, apt-get)
* How the tool was used? ( commandline, graphical interface ("GUI"), GUI in "no details mode" )
* Was there a message like "Confirm to remove these packages?"
* What is your definition of "unwanted packages"?
* Elaborate why 'zeitgeist' is named

But send the information, plus question, to another mailinglist
as the ML about Debian-Installer. ( debian-boot@l.d.o is the software
to install a Debian system )

> This stupid behaviour cost me a whole day of re-installing my system.
>
> Pleas fix that shit.

I do appreciate that you took the effort to express
    "I don't what happend,
     but I do known that it shouldn't again neither to others"

Thank you.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--