Re: Dropping CDs entirely?! (was: Stretch Alpha 3 images)

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 05:21:17PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2015-09-03):
>> All looked OK, *except* mips failures:
>>
>> install: cannot stat '/org/cdbuilder.debian.org/src/ftp/debian/dists/stretch/main/installer-mips/current/images/r4k-ip22/cdrom-boot.img': No such file or directory
>>
>> Looks like we need some fixes there...
>
>I suppose mipsel also fails?
>  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/debian-installer.git/diff/?id=1b92647295e
33ff66a46a5665e7f293d04fd2e19

You might think so, but no - the builds all worked for mipsel.

>Changelog says:
>| [ Aurelien Jarno ]
>| * Drop r4k-ip22, r5k-ip32 and sb1-bcm91250a images on mips.
>| * Drop sb1-bcm91250a images on mipsel.
>
>But the diff has an extra miniiso removal:
> - The following subarchs got removed on mips:
>     r4k-ip22 r5k-ip32 sb1-bcm91250a miniiso

Right. That means that we'll end up with no bootable options on mips
images. CCing debian-mips for guidance there.

> - The following subarch got removed on mipsel:
>     sb1-bcm91250a
>
>A quick git grep suggests some config bits on debian-cd have to be
>adjusted accordingly?

Yeah, looks like. Not clear if/what we should be doing on mips now.

>Sorry for not having inferred this from debian-installer's changelog…

No problem - we've all been busy and it's easy to overlook things like
this if you're not a porter/expert.

I'll wait and see if we can get an answer from -mips about what to
do. I can always re-spin again tonight/tomorrow if they're quick,
otherwise we'll have to try again next week I guess.

"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis