Re: Proposal: Drop ttf-cjk-compact, get fonts-droid

Quoting Hendrik Boom (hendrik@topoi.pooq.com):
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 03:02:32AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org> (2015-07-22):
> > > This is a proposal to replace ttf-cjk-compact with fonts-droid for
> > > next (Stretch) debian-installer.
>
> As long as this is a change for debian-boot, and not for the installed
> Debian I have no problems with this.  But if it's for Debian itself,
> well, people may just prefer one set of fonts over the other for
> aesthetic reasons, and both should remain available.

ttf-cjk-compact was built specifically for D-I purposes, from font
packages that are still available in Debian. There is no point in
using that package outside D-I because it only contains the set of
glyphs that are used in D-I messages.