Installing Debian

Folks - I admit that I am a complete dolt.  I have read the Installation HowTo for Debian twice and am still baffled at how to download and install.

First, I plan on installing Debian on a laptop that is currently running Windows 7 and I am not interesting keeping both operating systems.

I am completely unfamiliar with Linux, Bit torrent, or using iso files and don't understand any of the shop talk about how to download and install.  I have sent e-mails to two of the sites that are supposed to provide CDs/DVDs but no one has responded to me thus far.

Is anyone out there willing to talk me through this one step at a time in very simple terms?

Thanks for listening; I hope someone can help.

Regards,

Abe