Re: Uploading linux (4.3.1-1)

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 09:43:45PM +0100, Joachim Wiedorn wrote:
> But I think Geode LX doesn't work with 686. I have one
> so I will test it in the next week with the new kernel.

Well it appears that as long as the 686 kernel does not set
CONFIG_X86_P6_NOP, then the Geode LX should work with a 686 kernel,
and the Debian kernel does not appear to do that.  I thought it wouldn't
work either until looking at it today.

Apparently NOPL was the only i686 instruction the Geode LX was missing
and it appears (looking at the source) that NOPL isn't used on 32bit
x86 builds unless optimized only for PPRO/P2/P3/P4/PM/CORE2.

So since 2.6.35 or so, Geode LX apparently should work with a 686 kernel.

I even see Geode LX AES crypto engine module enabled in the 4.3 Debian
build, so that's nice.

--
Len Sorensen