Re: d-i hangs after "Detecting hardware" and emits E: Unimplemented function

Quoting Karsten Merker (2015-11-12 21:32:27)
> Control: reassign -1 src:debian-installer

Thanks for reassigning, Karsten.

As mentioned on d-devel, I intend to try gather debugging info, but
haven't found time yet for doing that.

[more comments below...]

> Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> [d-i on an Allwinner A20-based Olimex LIME2]
>> Board boots, asks for locale, and informs that it detects hardware,
>> but then (apparently) hangs, and after a little while emits this:
>>
>>  E: Unimplemented function
>
> Hello,
>
> several people seem to have had similar effects on different hardware,
> so it does not seem to be a problem that is specific to
> Allwinner-based systems. According to the following bugs/threads,
> possible candidates for the source of the issue could be the kernel or
> udev:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=804351#45
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=804351#50

> https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2015/11/msg00021.html

Interesting!

The bisection in https://bugs.debian.org/803476#15 matches my more vague
tests: Success with Stretch debian-installer 20150911 and package
snapshot 20151002T213032Z which pulls udev-udeb 226-3.  Later snapshot
complains with kernel mismatch, and next debian-installer release
20151023 is the one failing as reported here.

I will try test if debian-installer 20151023 works with an older package
snapshot (and, as mentioned before, get some debug info).

 - Jonas