Re: Integrate fully partman-reiser4 into d-i

I have realized that although partman-reiser4 udeb enables Reiser4 to
be listed as an option during the Debian-Installer routine of a
netboot ISO image, the lack of support for reiser4 in GNU Parted
(Debian's libparted) prevents installation from the GUI interface.

Moreover, it is clear that although btrfs came *after* Reiser4, the
former had the support of the debian installer team -- which produced
a patch relatively quickly-- but the latter was scorned for whatever
reason and/or undeserved reputation.

Accordingly, although I have been able to generate *all* required
UDEBs to enable the Debian-Installer to format and install Debian into
a Reiser4 root partition, using the GUI interface which makes use of
libparte to accomplish the task is not possible.

On the other hand, using my Reiser4-enabled Debian-Installer netboot
ISO image and selecting "expert install", I successfully installed
Debian into a root partition. Using the menu driven interface, I
initially formated the root partition into JFS -- to satisfy the
installer routine. Then, prior to the "install the base system" menu
option, I opened a shell and tarred the /target/etc/fstab, umounted
the JFS root partition, reformatted: mkfs.reiser4 -o "create=reg40"
/dev/sdaX

Subsequently mounted newly created Reiser4 root partition into
/target; untarred /target/etc/fstab and used nano editor to modify
/etc/fstab -- changing jfs to reiser4 and went back to "install the
base system" interactive menu. Thus Debian routine interface does not
notice the change and the base system installation continues.

There are still some wrinkles to iron out but hopefully I will later
make available a more polished d-i derived Reiser4 Debian-Installer.

Thank you all for your help.

Best Professional Regards.