Re: Bits from the Debian Installer release manager

Hi,

Regis Boudin <regis@boudin.name> (2015-08-14):
> Thanks a lot for your continuous work as release manager. I have a few
> patches pending for cdebconf ; but I don't want my changes to collide
> with the installer release process, especially if there's a release
> (even alpha) in preparation. Specifically, one of the patches changes
> the plugin API and ABI, so cdebconf-entropy and cdebconf-terminal
> would need to be rebuilt.

Thanks for your kind words. I would have to spend a few more time on
possible impact on reverse dependencies, but as long as we have
something limited to d-i/debian-boot-maintained packages, that should be
rather manageable.

> Bugs I would close in the process are :
> #666530: cups fails to configure under cdebconf
> #752002: Please run maintainer scripts in correct selinux context
> #700924,#720339: Please allow to show/hide characters typed in
> password field

Ooh, the last ones would really be awesome to have. This reminds me I
didn't mention that on my slides (been busy this week…).

> Anyway, can you let me know if it's ok for me to push these now, or if
> not when doing it would be the best for you ?

Please wait a bit so that I can check nothing would get entangled into
the big GCC5/libstdc++6 thing. I expect to give you a more detailed
answer in a few days.

> PS : Sadly, I can't be at Debconf this year, as I'm starting a new
> job. Ironically, I'll only be 1h drive away from Heidelberg...

Feel free to share the location in a private mail. An hour in the right
direction might make your paths cross at some point. ;)

Mraw,
KiBi.