Re: How do I include disk driver modules in a network installer image?

On 2015-08-18 17:34, mrider@airmail.cc wrote:
In building debian-installer for jessie from source, I would like to
include disk driver modules in the network installer image. How might
I accomplish that?

I see that the installer normally loads sata-modules-3.16.0-4-amd64-di
from the mirror, and so I tried copying that file to
/home/user/debian-installer-20150422+deb8u1/build/localudebs/ before
building. But that did not work. Using the resulting installer, I
still cannot see /dev/sda in BusyBox before reaching the disk
partitioning step.

I typically SCP installer and initrd images to a remote server, set
the installer as default and update GRUB via SSH, and then reboot. But
if the installer hangs during network setup, I need to get IPMI access
in order to debug. I would rather add a script to the installer that
gives up after an hour, writes logs to the existing system, and then
reboots to it. But I cannot even begin to do that unless I can mount
/dev/sda.

Doh.

Adding sata-modules-${kernel:Version} to /home/user/debian-installer-20150422+deb8u1/build/pkg-lists/netboot/amd64.cfg did it. I obviously misinterpreted something.