Re: Include scripts in post-base-installer.d hook directory

Hi,

Jorge Ernesto Guevara Cuenca <guevara.ernesto@gmail.com> (2015-08-15):
> I builded an image of debian cd with simple cdd that contain pacakges that
> i need to install after the base system is installed.
>
> I want install this packages with a script in the  post-base-installer.d
> hook directory but i don't know how copy the script to that directory to
> build an installer image that include this script.
>
> Is mandatory build an udeb for this or exist other way?

I see two similarly easy ways for your usecase:
 - build a new udeb, put in under build/localudebs, and add it to one of the
   file for your arch under build/pkg-lists, and trigger a debian-installer
   build for the kind of image you'd like. Depending on your background,
   creating an extra package from scratch might not be practical, but that
   would be somewhat reusable.
 - alternatively, drop the file under this directory in your debian-installer
   checkout: build/usr/lib/post-base-installer.d/
   and add the file to (e.g.) build/config/common, see the EXTRA_FILES
   variable. This doesn't seem as clean to me as the first option, but it
   would definitely take less time (and be less future-proof).

Ah, and another way, which is cheating: rebuild an existing udeb with this
extra file, and put the updated udeb under build/localudebs; just make
sure the udeb you're about to butcher is indeed used during the build of
the debian-installer image you're building (some udebs are pulled over
disc, USB, network, etc.) during the installation process.

Mraw,
KiBi.