partman does not accept lvm partition schema

Good morning everyone,

after spending a lot of time trying to get partman to accept my LVM (Logical Volume Manager) partitioning schema, I still remain unsuccessful.
Since this might very well be due my lack of experience with partman and d-i (Debian Installer), I'd thought I'd put it onto the mailinglist (already tried IRC) to ask for advice and/or feedback.

My goal:
 * get a Debian system installed (and partitioned) according to my specifications with preseed
 * partitioning goal: /dev/sda1 as /boot, /dev/sda2 as PV (Physical Volume) with one VG (Volume Group) which will contain several LV's (Logical Volume)

 * partitioning does not work (using "partman-auto/method string lvm")
 * I tried a lot of variations of the "partman-auto/expert_recipe" recipe, but none seem to work. I get messages like "No physical volume defined in volume group"
 * Above leads me to assume either the recipe is still incorrect or the wanted partition scheme is incompatible with partman

Is the partition schema I want even possible with partman? If not, can partman be "fixed" or do I need to consider a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sebastian