Re: debian-installer Jessie Bug

Cyril Brulebois,

Thank you so much!!!

I use the variable USE_UDEBS_FROM=jessie and it worked!. The d-i was downloading udebs from unestable branch...

I wanted to ask you one more thing.. When i generate this files and i include them in my final image (iso), in the "Detect CD-ROM Media" stage, it fails to detect the media just only when i boot the image with USB (if i remove USB stick and put it in the PC again, it continues the instalation properly), and it  olso works correctly with virtual-machines or CDs..

PD: i use the command "make reallyclean build_cdrom_isolinux" to compile debian-installer, and i use the boot option "fromhd"

Thank you again!

Lautaro Ciochini

Hi,

Lautaro Ciochini <lautarociochini@gmail.com> (2015-07-13):
> Im writing you from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Im a developer of a
> debian-based linux distribution called "Lihuen", that is created and
> mainteined in our university.
>
> We are finishing the new release of our distribution (Jessie currently),
> but we have a problem compiling the debian-installer source package.
> I downloaded the source package from the debian website (Jessie), and when
> i run the command "make reallyclean build_cdrom_isolinux", it fails with
> the following errors :
> "Makefile:637: recipe for target 'stamps/get_udebs-cdrom_gtk-stamp' failed
> make[4]: *** [stamps/get_udebs-cdrom_gtk-stamp] Error 100
> Makefile:284: recipe for target '_build' failed
> make[3]: *** [_build] Error 2
> Makefile:278: recipe for target 'build_cdrom_gtk' failed
> make[2]: *** [build_cdrom_gtk] Error 2 "

Those are just the last lines and aren't interesting, but given your
issue, we should be able to help anyway.

> It seems like the d-i packages for this kernel version (3.16.0-4) failed to
> download. I tried changing my local repositories, adding repositories from
> other countries, but i still have the same problem.

You probably want to look at two things:
 - passing USE_UDEBS_FROM=jessie on the make line might help.
 - getting rid of the sources.list.udeb that was first generated would
   make sure your new settings are taken into account (distribution and
   mirrors, notably).

Also, we generally advise building an installer for a given distribution
in a chroot with the same distribution.

> When i do the same thing with the debian-installer package that is in
> stretch, with kernel version 4.0.0-2, the udebs are downloaded correctly
> and the installer files created the same way.
>
> The problem is that i cant add this files to my image (.iso), cause the
> kernel versions are different and it doesn't work...
>
> I checked all the bugs reports pages but i can't find the solution for this
> problem, so i wanted to ask you what can i do to compile a debian-installer
> in Debian-Jessie.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Lautaro Ciochini.
>
> Informatics University - UNLP - Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Let's see whether what I mentioned helps. ;)

Mraw,
KiBi.