Re: Jessie preseed dpms=false has no effect

- bare metal

- same problem occurs with CLI installation where no X at all

New bug report created:

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 4:45 AM, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
Hello Jani,

Jani Reunanen <linyphia@gmail.com> (2015-05-15):
> With preseed installation of Jessie screen goes black in 10 minutes though
> there is parameter "dpms=false":
> APPEND vga=788 auto=true priority=critical interface=eth0 url=""> > http://192.168.0.100/preseed_jessie.cfg
> initrd=netboot_debian_jessie_32bit/debian-installer/i386/initrd.gz
> netcfg/dhcp_timeout=120 hw-detect/load_firmware=false dpms=false
> desktop=xfce suite=jessie
>
> netboot.tar.gz from:
> http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/gtk/
>
> I assumed it should have been fixed with this:
>
> Not a critical thing, but its annoying to keep hitting the key to power up
> display to see how the installation is going.

I haven't toyed with it since then, but just to make sure:
 - running on bare metal?
 - looking at Xorg's options might help us know whether the preseeding
   and option handling worked, and whether that might be a bug on the X
   side instead of a d-i specific issue.

Mraw,
KiBi.

--