Solving os-prober related problems by adding it to the desktop task during installation

Hello
I have noticed during fresh debian installs the package os-prober is
automatically installed when you select grub as a bootloader, as a
'Recommends' of grub-common.
Unfortunately the way os-prober detects other OSes on local media, might
prove cumbersome or even dangerous if you use do virtualization.
For instance if using partitions to store Xen DomU, os prober will
create a grub entry for each of your VM in the grub menu list.

There is also this bug report:
where iscsi-exported block devices would get corrupted by os-prober.

To get around this problems, I was wondering if it would a good idea to
downgrad the os-prober 'Recommends' to 'Suggests', and add os-prober as
a package in the desktop Taskel. I have yet to see a dualboot server
install, but on a workstation os-prober makes sense.

The problem that I see with this reasoning, is that it assumes a debian
text-only installation does not require dual boot.

Comments ?

Emmanuel