Bug in installer is still present in Debian Jessie

Hi,

I downloaded debian-8.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso and found out that the bug which I reported more than a year ago still exists in the latest installer. For your information, the bug has been present since Debian Squeeze.

For your reference, the ticket number of the bug is #745381 and was posted on 21 April 2014 (https://lists.debian.org/deity/2014/04/msg00079.html)

Would Debian developers consider it a major bug? I don't know but one thing I know for sure is that many people are now installing their operating systems--Microsoft Windows, Linux and *BSD--using their USB flash/thumb drives. Most notebook computers bought off the shelf do not have CD/DVD drives anymore.

Regards.

Theodore

Washington DC's Largest FREE Email service. ---> http://www.DCemail.com ---> A Washington Online Community Member --->
http://www.DCpages.com