Re: kFreeBSD CD/DVD builds for Jessie

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:24:14PM +0100, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>
>Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> I know that the kFreeBSD ports are not being officially released
>> [1]. What plans (if any) have been made for any *un*official releases?
>> I've just removed the BSD builds from the debian-cd architecture lists
>> in preparation for next weekend, but I've not heard anything more...
>
>kfreebsd as a whole, I feel has been in a releaseable state for some
>months (massive improvement over wheezy, and no bugs that are absolutely
>RC).  I'd still like to make a stable release out of it.
>
>But since we need to move it to a jessie-kfreebsd suite first, I think
>we are behind schedule with that.  I'm not familiar in that area, but
>Christoph was speaking with ftpmaster about it.
>
>I expect it will require changes in debian-installer (for new repository
>URLs), and there are other d-i issues I'd quite like to patch if
>possible, and lots of testing I wanted to do (incl. of CD images).
>Given how busy I am at the  moment, I couldn't do that in time for the
>official release.
>
>Would it be reasonable and practical - even preferable - to postpone
>release of kfreebsd until at least 1-2 weeks after the official release?

No problem - I was just worried that we'd not heard any public plans
yet. It'll take a bit of prep work for me to get things ready for a
separate release build for CDs, so I was wondering if that would be
needed. Please keep us updated on plans, and let's see what we can do.

"Every time you use Tcl, God kills a kitten." -- Malcolm Ray