Re: IXP4xx (armel) support in d-i for Jessie

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 06:22:28PM +0200, Matti Palmström wrote:
> On 04/05/2015 12:26 PM, Karsten Merker wrote:
> >Has anybody tested whether a dist-upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie
> >works on the nslu2?
>
> Yeah, takes some time but it works fine.
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux backupme 3.16.0-4-ixp4xx #1 Debian 3.16.7-ckt7-1 (2015-03-01)
> armv5tel GNU/Linux
>
> Apt seems to use more memory in jessie so it's a bit sluggish, but
> except for that it seems fine.

Thanks for the feedback. I have now added the following paragraph
to the installation-guide:

"While there is kernel support for this platform in Debian 8, it
 is not supported by the debian-installer.  It is possible to do
 a “dist-upgrade” from Debian 7 to Debian 8 for existing
 installations, though.  Due to the low amount of RAM that
 systems based on the IXP4xx usually have, this requires that
 swap space is enabled prior to upgrading.  Support for the
 IXP4xx platform will probably be dropped completely in Debian 9."

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der