Re: Processed: jessie

Hi,

On Montag, 9. März 2015, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Well, what happened in #757413 doesn't fill me with joy indeed. And
> now the same happens with these bug reports a few hours after that…

about #771617: I often setup LVM inside encrypted partitions on wheezy, so I
was fairly sure this bug does not occur on wheezy.

about #771485: I never heard about parted segfaulting on released wheezy
images, so I thought this bug was not (as) relevant for wheezy.

> Regardless of whether I'm annoyed, I think it would be much more
> constructive and straightforward to ask when you're not sure. Having
> tags go back & forth (possibly several times) isn't a very productive
> way of spending everybody's time.

In the last two years I've never argued when someone (seldomly) correcty my
tagging of wheezy-rc bugs. (And except for this one accident with the one bug
last week I also never played tag ping pong once.) Right now I'm also not
argueing but rather trying to explain why I tagged them as I tagged.

But, as it seems people making mistakes annoy you more than people doing
nothing, I will do this from now. It's no fun to do this (mostly) thankless
janitor work if one has to justify oneself like this. Perfect is the enemy of
good and all that.. I already noticed a bad feeling and "fear" of such replies
when I did the tagging today and in future I think I will rather do other
things when I'm looking for little things to do to wake up...

Which is kind of ironic as you also seem to care about Wheezy (which should
make me happy.) Sigh.

FWIW, wheezy was the first release where the RC list for wheezy (most of the
times) only contained bugs relevant for wheezy (and not 30-50% bugs not
affecting wheezy). I thought this was useful work...

And yes, when tagging 20 bugs I don't research each of them for very long...
but I also thought (wished?) we were doing kind of team work, where people
help each other when they sometimes do little mistakes.

	Holger

I wrote this mail a week ago and didnt send it, to see if I change my mind.
Now I was just reminded of RC bugs in wheezy, thought about this, read what I
wrote and decided to push the send button. It's no fun if it's no fun.