Re: [L10N] Recently added strings: Burmese and Philippines

Quoting Holger Wansing (linux@wansing-online.de):
> #. Type: select
> #. Choices
> #: ../keyboard-configuration.templates:16001
> msgid "Philippines"
> msgstr ""
>

> I wonder if the second one shouldn't be "Philippine" or "Filipino"
> or something like that, so that it describes the language, not the
> country.
> ???

It's the country. Indeed this is a keyboard mapping. Somethimes these
are named after the language name, sometimes after the country name
(particularly in countries where multiple languages are in use...or
when there is a national standard for keyboard mapping).

This is indeed not particularly consistent, admitedly, but this is
what upstream has.

So, for "Burmese", you should put the language name in your
translation and for "Philippeines", I'd suggest putting the country
name.