Generating built-using in d-i (was: Providing (armhf) u-boot images together with d-i images?)

On Fri, Jan 02, 2015 at 04:40:38PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Karsten Merker <merker@debian.org> (2015-01-02):
> > > (Do your patches end up adding the correct Built-Using on u-boot?)
> >
> > No, they don't, but d-i does not do that for similar components
> > on other platforms (syslinux/isolinux/grub) as well. Probably we
> > should do that, but then it would have to be done for all
> > platforms. Kibi?
>
> ISTR having proposed a patch to #700026 / #696418, but that wasn't
> commented upon.

Hello,

I have tried your patch from
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=700026#26,
but unfortunately it does not work correctly in some cases
involving platform-specific packages.  For example running

  dpkg-query -f '${source:Package} (= ${source:Version}), ' -W syslinux

on armhf (for which the "syslinux" binary package is not built)
results in

  syslinux (= ),

which is not the intended output for generating the built-using
list.  I currently do not see how to get dpkg-query to explicitly
check for the availability of a specific binary package on the
current platform - dpkg-query exits with a returncode of 1 if one
queries for a completely non-existing package, but returns 0 when
checking for syslinux on armhf, probably because the syslinux
source also builds arch:all packages.  Any ideas?

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der