Re: Problem with ACPI on reboot

27.01.2015 10:48, Pierre GINDRAUD wrote:
> Hello evryone,
>
> I'm not sure that is the best mailing list to expose my problem, but I try anyway
>
> I've bought recently, an motherboard in order to make a simple server in my home, the model is a ASROCK Q2900 ITX (see documentation below)
> http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q2900-ITX/
>
> My problem occur when I reboot the MB.
> If I turn off (shutdown -h now) and push physically the power button it successfully restart
> But if I type `reboot` the MB turn off but doesn't power on, the boot freeze just after showing POST screen of the bios.
>
> During my test, I've try to put "acpi=off" option to kernel and the reboot problem disappear, but this time it's the shutdown process which is impacted. When I type shutdown the system succesfully halt but the MB doesn't physically poweroff
>
> Can anyone already had a similar problem ?

I had very similar problem with my intel D2500CC board (also mini-itx), and before
with similar (also intel) boards with prev-gen Atom CPUs.  In all these cases the
prob was a bug in bios and were fixed by updating the bios.  Intel had a fix for
prev-gen atom and the same bug on D2500CC which they fixed later, so I had to live
with reboot probs for a while.

In my case the bug was possible to work around by creating an ms-dos bootable
partition on the hdd.

That all to say: the chances are very high that this is a prob in bios.  There's
still a small chance that it is in linux (in kernel in this case), but if that's
the case, debugging it will be quite difficult.

Thanks,

/mjt