Re: How to install Debian on LSI3008 card

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 12:53:14AM +0800, Ricky_Nie@Dell.com wrote:
> Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
I hope not.

> Hi Gentlemen,
That could be a wrong assumption for a mailing list of random people.

> I want to install Debian-7.8.0 AMD64 to my system with LSI3008 based HBA card connected to some HDDs. But the HDD cannot be detected during installation. I have downloaded the driver from LSI website. Can you teach me how to install the driver so that the Debian installer can see those HDDs?

Assuming they include a module for the kernel in Debian 7 (I see they
list Debian 7.0 in their readme) that actually works with the kernel
in 7.8 and not just 7.0 (so maybe), then it should be possible to use
a usb key to load that module using one of the other terminals in the
installer, and then switch back to the installer and do the disk setup.
Of course before finishing the install you would have to also install
the module in the target and update the initramfs, before finishing the
install and rebooting.

If installing jessie (currently testing) is an option instead, that
should just work.

--
Len Sorensen