Re: installation problem NIC

Hi Geert,

thank you very much for your detailed information. During holidays, I had some time to proceed working on the Debian installation.

Downloading the debian package and installing it on the system according your advice worked well. Unfortunately, after installing the new kernel (dpkg -i), grub got a new configuration. And entries for Windows 7 got lost. Booting into Windows was no longer possible. But, I fixed it by running update-grub.

With the new linux kernel, NIC is now configured. Network connection is therefore enabled/possible.

System update worked fine by running 'aptitude full-upgrade'.

In the web, I got a good list of SW package sources that I entered in /etc/apt/sources.list. During the next days, I will start to install all the software I need to run on the debian system.

Thanks, again, for your very good help. I'm sure, it's still not too late to wish to you and to your Debian teammates a Happy New Year 2015.

Best regards, Thomas