Re: win32-loader icon update?

Hi, sorry for the delayed response, I'm very busy with other work, and
just quickly responding while waiting for a test to complete.

Thank you for pointing me at the Jessie theme page, I had not previously
seen it, and I do like it. I agree that an icon based on this might be nice.

I am somewhat confused by your assertion that icons are usually square,
because in fact they frequently come in many odd shapes. Just to pick a
few from within gnome, there's brasero, archive manager, and evolution
app icons, none of which are exactly square. In fact although there are
several squarish, it's difficult to find an actual square icon in
amongst my list of apps. More over, I did not pick a round icon out of
inspiration of "rounded alternative" icon packs, but instead more
because optical disks are round, and it is traditional for icons to do
with optical disks to use a circle, e.g. the brasero icon, and also out
of inspiration from Ubuntu's round icon (attached). The circle also
possible helps add a small visual cue for "not so brilliant at
computing" type users, experimenting with Debian, or whatever. Please
don't misunderstand me as being offered here, I'm simply explaining my
choice.

My skills in this area are fairly new and amateurish (I'm a programmer,
not a graphics artist), but I might be able to pull off creating an icon
based on the Jessie theme, using the existing svg components provided
with it. I will see if I can do so soon. (I am aware that a Jessie
release is right around the corner).

I can certainly provide it in the required sizes, thanks to svg, that is
if I can successfully create it.

The sizes I selected btw in the icons supplied so far I selected because
they are the most useful for current versions of Windows. I did also
look at the sizes used by Ubuntu, and there was one odd size that I
didn't understand the point of so ignored. I did realise afterwards that
there is no icon suitable for Linux, leaving gnome rendering a horrible
fuzzy square. Also, I wasn't sure whether it was worth adding additional
sizes to cover hi-dpi on Windows. I'll consider your list though, and of
course once the svg icon has been created, any desired sizes can be
easily created from that.