Re: flash-kernel upload OK?

On Tue, 2014-12-23 at 07:09 +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Wearing my "automatic D-I upload machine" hat, I am about to upload
> flash-kernel with Ian's last changes:
>
>  Support for TI OMAP5 uEVM board (Patch from Chen Baozi, Closes:
>  #773255)
>
> From the git log, these changes seems fairly safe. However, given the
> current release policy, I prefer asking when in doubt.

>From #debian-boot yesterday:
KGB-2: [12:29:59] Ian Campbell master 287cefe flash-kernel db/all.db
debian/changelog Support for TI OMAP5 uEVM board (Patch from Chen Baozi,
Closes: #773255) * http://deb.li/TON
ijc: [12:30:49] ^ I'll upload that aroundabout the same time as the new
kernel with support for that platform is needed, no need to do it now.
(Also, will require a reupload of the experimental version too)
ijc: [12:31:16] bubulle: ^ In case you were thinking of doing it.

There's not really much point in this upload without the kernel side
being uploaded too, and since I'd have to faff around with another
experimental upload too (so it stays ahead) I prefer to wait and perhaps
batch up any other changes which arrive in the meantime.

Ian.