Re: Preseed partman recipe not allocating free lvm space properly

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 09:37:44PM +0000, ryan wrote:
> Hey list,  I'm trying to get my rematastered debian 7.7 iso to install
> properly on several different classes of workstation we have.  Same basic
> hardware,  all machines have 2 disks and the size is anywhere from 160GB
> up to 1T.
>
> I created a recipe in my preseed file,  that seems to _almost_ work.  I can
> get the remastered iso to install on both 160GB machines,  and 1TB machines
> with the same recipe,  but in the 1TB machines,  partman still uses the
> minimum values for the partitions,   then throws all the extra space left
> in the lvm array into a dummy lv (for later removal).  Both software raid
> arrays appear to get created properly.  At least md1 does seem to get the
> remainder of the disk after md0 is created.

Euh, "Error: Missing information".
* RAID0 or RAID1?
* If you care about LVM, why bother about mdX ( md0, md1) ?
* What is wrong with "throws extra space on the 1TB machine in dummy LV" ?

And what result did you get?
What is the expected result?

In other words: I don't understand
  Subject: Preseed partman recipe not allocating free lvm space properly