Re: Preseeding - Not working with USB but working with CD

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 02:24:15PM +0530, sandip khot wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Since I'm doing this for the first time, please forgive me for any mistakes
>below.
>
>Attached is the shell script that I use to remaster the ISO image and also
>the preseed.cfg file.
>
>I used "dd" command to write the remastered iso to USB stick and used
>"Brasero" to write iso to CD.
>
>The remastered iso is working perfectly on Virtual machine(Qemu and Oracle
>VirtualBox) with USB option. Also attached the shell commands used to boot
>t through QEMU. But its not working when used to do installation on an
>actual machine/hardware. Also attaching the "lspci" info of all the three
>machines that I tried to boot using the bootable USB stick.
>
>I checked some information available online, but nowhere I found any
>difference between the USB or CD-ROM installation process. If you could
>please advice me on the reason why its not working or if I'm doing any
>mistake in the steps.

If you're trying to use your remastered image to boot off USB, you're
missing some command line arguments for isohybrid. If you look in
.disk/mkisofs from the CD you started with, that will give you the
full command line that was used.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.