svn://anonscm.debian.org inaccessible

$ date; time svn co svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk debian-installer
Sun Oct  5 16:43:12 PDT 2014
svn: Can't connect to host 'anonscm.debian.org': Connection timed out
$ date; time svn co http://anonscm.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk debian-installer
Sun Oct  5 16:52:46 PDT 2014
svn: OPTIONS of 'http://anonscm.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk': 200 OK
(http://anonscm.debian.org)
#but no files
# same with https

I presume the culprit is a firewall, but the keepers of the firewall
are not very responsive to change requests.

I do not have an account on the the server and so can't ssh.

Is there an alternative?

The only system I can access outside the firewall is my home machine
(from which the first line works fine); maybe I could tunnel 3690
through it?  Even if it works the connection will be very slow.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan