Re: Using machine-readable copyright files in D-I packages

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> > What is the recommended practice in such case?
>
> "This package is under the GNU GPL version 2, or any later
> version at your option."

Sure. License is always easy to find. Which is why I didn't mention it
in my post. My only problem|question was about copyright.

> There seems to be no problem with naming any obvious major contributors
> (the original author of the package for example) and then adding
>
> 	2007-2012, many Debian contributors

Sounds to be fair, which "local" adaptations such as including Anton
Zinoviev for all partman packages, for instance, as many scripts they
use were derived from those he orignally designed...and maybe a few
other "obvious" things here or there.

I'll try to do that for next uploads (again: I don't intend to
reupload packages for this but more use the opportunity of other
uploads).