Re: Build squeeze debian-installer with 3.2 kernel from backports

On 09/04/2014 06:14 PM, Holger Levsen wrote:
Anyway I'm obliged to install squeeze because the software stack I will use
has not been ported and tested on wheezy yet.

As far as I remember udev (squeeze based) will not work with a kernel 3.2 as a deeply changes in ioctl in the kernel API.
Maybe you will need a newer udev too...

The revert is true: if you will use a 2.6.36 kernel in a Wheezy distro, udev simply fail so any other script which need devpts, shm, and other delights... In few words ALMOST EVERYTHING IS BROKEN.

Regards
--
           ,,,
          (o o)