Re: Cannot find "debian-installer/main-menu doesn't exist" in menu

On 20/08/14 22:38, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> (2014-08-20):
>> Any ideas why debian-installer/main-menu would fail to display, with
>> this error:
>>> WARNING **: Internal error! Cannot find "debian-installer/main-menu doesn't exist" in menu.
>>
>> This is a kfreebsd-i386 d-i image I've built myself from
>> debian-installer Git and udebs from jessie.  I've never seen it before.
>
> What are your local modifications, and what image type did you build?

I had a custom local rootskel udeb that mounted tmpfs on /var/cache/anna
and /var/lib/cdebconf, but that change was fine on kfreebsd-amd64, the
underlying directories are empty, and ...

I've tried again with unmodified debian-installer/20140802 and no local
udebs, and it still happened.  This was the ISO image from
build/dest/netboot-10/mini.iso

The only obvious difference to me is that this is not the same chroot
where I've been working on kfreebsd-amd64 d-i.  This is a separate (and
somewhat outdated) sid chroot for kfreebsd-i386.

> Anyway, this looks like an error message got received in the first
> place: “debian-installer/main-menu doesn't exist” which then can't be
> looked up.

It seemed to be coming over the debconf command stream from somewhere...

> The first issue is likely coming from cdebconf's
> src/commands.c,

That seems to be it.  Thanks for the help.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org